Here I interview Vernon Ross. He is a business coach helping people push past their limiting beliefs and achieve peak performance as well as the host of a top ranked podcast The Social strategy podcast. We talk a lot about being a family man.
What you will learn and what we discussed:
- Growing up in the ghetto with a single black mom with four kids and how they survived
- Being married for 20 years, the biggest struggles and fears in a relationship/marriage
- Being outnumbered in a household with all women
- His role as a man and leader within the family
- His mom’s role in having a successful 20 + year marriage and what she taught him about handling women
- What a woman’s job is in a relationship
- How people give away their power in relationships
- Why its so important to have individual identity outside of children, significant other etc.
- How its terrifying to set example for daughters and teaching them to navigate this world
- A straight man’s perspective on gay black men and the unspoken culture of “down low” in the black community
- Why black women don’t appreciate black men dating non black women
If you have a question you would like me to answer or ask a future or past guest, you can get in touch with me directly at email@example.com